Year Formed: 1906
Home Colours: Navy
Tel: 01750 725936
Visit Club Website »
Selkirk RFC's photos
View Gallery »
Come along to Philiphaugh for a great day out at Selkirk 7s , thrilling rugby action and entertainment for all the family.
The Lawries Garage Selkirk's 7s is the penultimate tournament in the K7s series. The draw will be available here, and also on www.BordersRugby.net and our club website. First tie 2.00pm
A fantastic Buffet Carvery on the day and excellent Speaker in the Philiphaugh Suite. Tickets (£60) can be booked through Mike Craig (01750 22770) or Elliot Henderson (07836 537587)
Secondary School Children; £3
Primary School Children; Free
Although Selkirk Rugby Club was not officially instituted until 1907, the game of rugby was played in the Royal & Ancient Burgh long before this date. Indeed Selkirk sent a team to the inaugural Melrose Sevens tournament back in 1883. The club officially took over its present Philiphaugh ground in 1926, moving from the adjacent cricket field, and inaugurated the new stand and pitch with a match against old rivals Gala.
To date, the Selkirk club has produced a total of 12 Scotland internationalists, the best known being fly-half John Rutherford, who gained 42 caps for his country and represented the British Lions in New Zealand in 1983.
Selkirk Rugby Club's finest hour came in season 1952-53, when the 1st XV won its first and only Scottish Club Championship in addition to the Border League title. Selkirk has lifted the Border League title on two other occasions - 1935 and 1938.
Visit our website for further information.